Monday, February 23, 2009

winter semester overview

We have a packed schedule coming up for the rest of the semester!
Here goes:

1. First, some important business. I need to have a tight head count for all meals, and ideally, all activities. You need to let me know if you are going to come. If you may or may not be able to come, respond in the affirmative. There isn't a limit to the number of BYU students, but I just need to have an idea of what to expect.

2. NCU visit. Six students from North Central University are in Utah and want to have dinner with a few students at Brick Oven this Thursday night, say around 6 pm. It will be pay-yourself, but always delicious. These students are AWESOME. RSVP to me by Thursday morning if you want to come so that I can make a reservation.

3. Wheaton College visit. March 10th. Ten students and Dr. Jerry Root. The schedule goes a little bit like this:
9:00 am, 382 JSB: Welcome and kick-off by Brother Millet and Jerry Root. This is going to be amazing, Dr. Root and Bro. Millet are awesome to listen to, and you definitely won't regret coming to this.
10:00 am: Tour of BYU campus. You're invited to this, but since we'll probably take golf carts, I definitely need to know if you're coming
11:00 am: Devotional with Elder Jay E. Jensen, in the Marriot Center. Call me at 801.369.1375 if you want to meet up with us.
12:00 noon (ish): lunch, in 382 JSB. If you want food, you MUST rsvp to me. I will have a list of students who have rsvp-d and I will not let you have a sandwich until everyone who did rsvp has a sandwich if you haven't rsvp-d!
1:00 pm (ish) to 4:00 pm (ish), 382 JSB: Student round-table discussions. The Wheaton group is one you won't want to miss. seriously.
5:45 pm: dinner at the Creamery on Ninth. This is pay-yourself, but a kid's meal is cheap and plentyful. We'll eat together and then go somewhere on or near campus to hang out. We want somewhere comfortable, so if you have any ideas or want to offer up your apartment (it should be fairly large, able to hold twenty or so people) to meet at, let me know. We'll try to wrap up around 10:00 pm.

Friday, March 13th, there will be a hangout at Calvary Mountain View Chapel in American Fork at 7:00 pm. Follow this link for directions. Dinner will be provided, and often, there is a fun worship service. Always a pleasure to be with these folks in a more relaxed situation.

4. APU visit. April 7th. 6-10 students and Dr. Dennis Okholm.

9:00 am, 382 JSB: Light breakfast and kick-off by Pastor Greg Johnson, Dr. Okholm, and hopefully Sister Fronk and Brother Fluhman. Once again, something you won't want to miss.
10:30 am, depart for devotional, taking a walking tour of campus as we go to the Marriot Center.
11:00 am, Marriot Center: Devotional, Choral assembly. Call me at 801.369.1375 if you want to meet us.
12:00 noon: lunch in 382 JSB. If you want food, you MUST rsvp to me. I will have a list of students who have rsvp-d and I will not let you have a sandwich until everyone who did rsvp has a sandwich if you haven't rsvp-d!
1:00 pm (ish) to 4:00 pm (ish), 382 JSB: Student round-table discussions. You know the drill. And if you don't, you should get to know it!
5:45 pm: dinner somewhere. details to follow! as well as more awesome social time!

5. Biola visit. April 15th and 16th. Upwards of 45 students. Yeah. That's big. And yes, during reading days. We really need your help and attendance on this one. Seriously. You will be happy you came. I promise. I don't know the exact schedules on this yet, but I'm guessing that they will be similar to the ones already set up.

6. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd be happy to take them.

7. We will be meeting Tuesday, March 3rd at 6:00 pm in C207 Benson to have a preview/training of sorts. We will meet each Tuesday at 6:00 pm in the same room when we are not hosting a group. You MUST attend one of these trainings throughout the semester to attend the dialogues. If you cannot come to one of these trainings, please let me know, and I'll try to work something out with this. I hope to make one meeting required and then expand the advertising base, so that I can get more people that are interested involved, but also give the students that are new to it a chance to learn about the attitudes requred for dialogue and our approach. What do you think of this idea? I really need your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment